Graduate Research Schools
The Abbe School of Photonics (ASP) hosts about 150 doctoral students in optics and photonics research projects. The ASP is the central umbrella organization for a number of graduate research schools in the scientific network of the Abbe Center of Photonics, including attractive scholarship programs. Additionally, the ASP is a strong partner for a multitude of interdisciplinary projects with other research schools and member of the Graduate Academy Jena.
Coordination of graduate schools and scholarship programs
- International Research Training Group GRK 2101 "Guided light, tightly packed",
funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG),
- Fraunhofer Graduate Research School of Applied Photonics, funded by the Fraunhofer Society, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the State of Thuringia within the Fraunhofer initiative "Leistungszentrum Photonik",
- Research Training Group "3D Technologies in Human-Machine Interaction" within the consortium "3Dsensation",
funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF),
- Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP),
funded by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD),
- Photonic-based analytics for biomedicine,
funded as a concept for structural measures by the Carl Zeiss foundation.
- Research School of Advanced Photon Science (RS-APS),
Graduate education in strong field optics at the Helmholtz-Institute Jena.
- Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC),
Excellence Graduate School GSC 214, funded by the German Research Foundation.
- Jena School of Molecular Medicine (JSMM),
Interdisciplinary graduate program in molecular and cellular biology, biophotonics, molecular medicine and clinical research.
European Doctoral Programmes in Metamaterials.
Former ASP graduate schools
- Graduate Research School for Photonics (GraPho),
funded in public-private partnership by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the local state government and the German photonics industry until 2013.
- Graduate Research School - Optical Microsystem Technologies (OMiTec),
funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research until 2013.
- Graduate Research School - Green Photonics,
funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research until 2012.