The ASP offers two PhD scholarships starting in 2018 via the GSSP- Graduate School Scholarship Programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarships run for 3 years and offer 1000 € per month for living expenses as well as additional funding covering travel costs, insurances and general support for research studies. Before the start of the scholarship a language course will be provided by the DAAD. The scholarships will be awarded to those applicants offering an outstanding research proposal. Application deadline is January 31.
Eligible candidates should not have stayed in Germany for longer than 15 months and their Master degree should be not older than 6 years.
Please apply via the ASP Online Application System and refer at the section “Suggestions for doctoral thesis” to the PhD projects (best is 3, maximum 5 projects) you are interested in. You will have the opportunity to choose from the following research topics and respective supervisors:
- Benjamin Dietzek - Ultrafast excited-state dynamics in photoactive drugs studied in cellulo
- Thomas Pertsch - Photonic quantum sensing
- Isabelle Staude - Chiral silicon metasurfaces
- Frank Setzpfandt - Nanostructured optical elements for new imaging modalities
- Jer-Shing Huang - Creating Alloy Nanoparticles of Arbitrary Composition for Pre-designable Plasmonic and Photocatalytic Applications
- Frank Garwe - Optically Detected Magnetic Resonance (ODMR) measurements using single Nitrogen vacency center in nano-diamond for highly (nanoscale) localized precise temperature - and magnet field measurement
- Ondrej Stranik - Static double-pass hyper-spectral imaging system with incorporated light-sheets illumination for single particle analysis
- Rainer Heintzmann - Development of open-source 3D printed microscope toolbox/platform whose image quality benefits from image-processing depending on its modular hardware configuration