The application system for the academic year 2018/19 will open in November 2017
Preview Application deadlines in 2018
- January 15 (1st priority deadline for all applicants)
- March 1 (2nd priority deadline for all applicants)
- April 15 (3rd priority deadline for all applicants, final deadline for non-EU applicants)
- June 15 (rolling admission deadline for EU applicants)
- September 15 (rolling admission deadline for German applicants)
Prerequisites and application requirements
Applicants must have obtained or be about to obtain a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Natural Sciences, or Engineering. The following documents are required for the online application:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.) or Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree comprising significant exposure to physics fundamentals, or an equivalent or higher degree in the same areas. If you have not yet finished your current academic degree, you may apply likewise with a preliminary transcript of records including all completed courses thus far;
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV). Please list all stages of your education in chronological order. Further, we need a clear statement about your current status and/or occupation including information on current employments, unemployment, or parental leave;
- a letter of motivation (500 words at maximum and to be typed);
- a copy of your passport;
- your school leaving certificate with marks;
- a transcript of records with marks;
- a proof of proficiency in English by
- TOEFL or an equivalent English test (minimum points/grades): TOEFL PBT (550), TOEFL CBT (215), TOEFL IBT (85), IELTS (6.5), ESOL (CAE), or
- German "Abitur", or
- a completed former academic degree at an English-speaking university (proof given by a certificate of a university), or
- a statement of your English skills as a native speaker.
- If applying for a scholarship, two additional letters of recommendation from professors are required.
Please check the scholarship information and apply for scholarship funding if you are eligible. Please indicate for which scholarship(s) you have applied. If you have more questions, please consider our FAQs. Please note that we cannot accept applications via post or email.