The application system for the academic year 2016/17 is open NOW!
Application deadlines in 2016
- January 31 (1st priority deadline for all applicants)
- March 31 (2nd priority deadline for all applicants)
- May 31 (rolling admission deadline for non-EU applicants)
- July 15 (rolling admission deadline for EU applicants)
- September 15 (rolling admission deadline for German applicants)
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that graduates from German Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) are eligible without any obligations and we strongly encourage you to apply!
>> information in German
Prerequisites and application requirements
Please prepare the following proofs and documents, as they will be required for upload during the online application:
- your Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.) or Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree comprising significant exposure to physics fundamentals, or an equivalent or higher degree in the same areas; if you have not yet finished your current academic degree (e.g. your Bachelor's degree), you may apply likewise with a preliminary transcript of records including all completed courses thus far;
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV). Please list all stages of your education in chronological order. Further, we need a clear statement about your current status and/or occupation including information on current employments, unemployment, or parental leave;
- a letter of motivation (500 words at maximum and to be typed);
- a copy of your passport;
- your school leaving certificate with marks;
- a transcript of records with marks
- a proof of proficiency in English by
- TOEFL or an equivalent English test (minimum points/grades): TOEFL PBT (550), TOEFL CBT (215), TOEFL IBT (85), IELTS (6.5), ESOL (CAE), or
- German "Abitur", or
- a completed former academic degree at an English-speaking university (proofed by a certificate of the university), or
- a statement of your English skills as a native speaker.
- If applying for a scholarship, two additional letters of recommendation from professors are required.
Please check the scholarship information and apply for scholarship funding if you are eligible. Please let us know in the comment field to which scholarship(s) you have applied. If you have more questions, please consider our FAQs. Please note that we cannot accept applications via post or email.