B 4. Which documents should I prepare for my application?
We understand that the application procedure asks for a lot of data and documents and we thank you very much for your efforts. This information and these documents are generally required for the application/enrollment to German universities.
All documents mandatory for application are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation (should be comprised of 500 words (maximum) and be typed)
- School leaving certificate with grades*
- Academic degrees* and/ or
- (Temporary) Transcript of Records with grades*
- official English language certificate*
- short Course description of all of your courses in engineering fundamentals, physics and optics for applicants who have no degree in B.Sc. in Physics
If available, you might also wish to submit these voluntary documents too:
- Passport photo
- Language proficiency certificates of other foreign languages
- References from former employments
- Professional qualifications
If you apply for an Abbe School of Photonics scholarship, please also read the corresponding FAQ question.
For the acceptance and admission process the Abbe School of Photonics works together with other offices within the university. Therefore, we need you to upload your documents in separate files in order to provide them to the offices and committees responsible for your acceptance, admission, enrollment and services at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena without violating your rights of privacy. For example, your Letter of Motivation is only of interest to our Selection Committee, your passport only for the International Office, etc. Providing all of these documents in separate individual files is necessary for your process of being accepted, admitted and enrolled and helps to speed up the process for you.
Please note: All documents need to be digitized and, with the exception of the passport photo, be provided as a PDF document, preferably in black & white or grey scale with a maximum of 5 MB file size each. If those documents are not issued in English or German language, a certified translation is needed as well.
Please note: An incomplete application file will not be processed and willingly providing us with incorrect data may also lead to a retrospective refusal.