C 7. How can I travel to Jena?
There is no international airport in Jena. You will most probably arrive in Frankfurt, Leipzig, Munich or Berlin.
- From Frankfurt: There are high-speed trains (ICE) running hourly from Frankfurt-Airport or Frankfurt Central Station to Erfurt or Weimar. In Erfurt or Weimar you have to change to a regional train to Jena (approx. travel time: 3.5 to 4 hours).
- From Leipzig/Halle: There are two possible train connections from Leipzig/Halle Airport to Jena.
- via Leipzig: Take a regional train to Leipzig and then change to a high-speed train (ICE) to Jena (approx. travel time 1:45 hours).
- via Halle: This connection uses regional trains only and runs via Halle and Großheringen to Jena (approx. travel time 1:45 hours).
- From Berlin: Take the shuttle bus or S-Bahn to Berlin Central Station. From here there are hourly high-speed connections to Jena (approx. travel time: 3 hours)
- From Munich: Take a local train or shuttle to Munich Central Station. During the daytime, there are hourly high speed connections from Munich to Jena (approx. travel time: 4-5 hours)
To find a suitable connection, please check the website of Deutsche Bahn. You can also ask travel agencies for support.
If you wish to be assisted by a student mentor please register here. If you arrange it with your student mentor, she/he will also pick you up from the train station in Jena.